Wednesday 7 August 2013

The Pinhole Camera.

Last week we were discussing pin-hole photography, and as part of our homework we were to take a shot using a pin-hole lens. As I'm not in class today due to illness, I figured I would update my blog with the shot that I took last night. 


Obviously, something went wrong. 

Pin-hole shots are supposed to be known for their sharpness, and often vignetting around the edges. My shot isn't sharp at all! The only conclusion I can come to is that my home-made lens just didn't cut it. We don't own a drill, and I didn't have access to one (nor did I really like the idea of destroying one of my lens caps!), so I wrapped a piece of foil around my camera and stuck a pin through the front of it to make a hole. 

Maybe it wasn't straight; maybe the hole was too big or too thick. Whatever the case, my shot didn't work. But it's all part of the learning process, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment