Thursday 2 May 2013

MY TAKE: Surrealism and Pop Art.

Lately I've been straying from photography, though not by choice. Camp NaNoWriMo rolled around, so first-drafting of a novel ensued, and then every spare day I had I ended up getting called in to work. So what was supposed to be a holiday turned out to be a time of work, and every spare moment that I had intended to use to catch up with all of my TAFE work ended up being filled with tedious, stressful life. 

Stress. That's what I've been feeling lately - and it's been getting in the way of things. Namely, my creativity and my inspiration. So today I tried to forget about the stress. While I was on the train to class, I saw something I liked and I took the shot. And then I realised I could use it as my take on surrealism. 

Instagram isn't always bad. 

I loved the way that the reflections in the window made it look like a double exposure, almost like the light was continuing on as one continuous tube as opposed to three. I like reflections. I can't deny that.

Yesterday I also bluntly stated that I hate Pop Art, though I could never quite put my finger on why. I think it's mainly the vibrant colours and the way that they clash so brutally. So when I tried to work on some Pop Art tonight, I challenged myself to create something that I could be happy with. And I think I have achieved that with my shot. I don't hate it, which is saying a lot here.

Either way, you can't go wrong with cats, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment