Wednesday 27 February 2013

Bring Me The Horizon, Pierce The Veil and The Chariot.


Given my last experience at Sydney's Hi-Fi, I can't deny that I was a little worried about how last night would go. The last time I shot a band there, the lighting was terrible at best and I ended up cranking my ISO all the way to 4000. Having been there on Monday night to see a shot and taken to watching the lights for half the time instead, I had my fingers crossed for something good. And for the most part, I got it.

Obviously there is always potential for stage lighting to be better, but I think I got the best that the venue had to offer, and that's okay with me.

I still have a long way to go when it comes to getting great shots, though. I can never get them quite as sharp as I would like, and next time I shoot a rock band I instead to see if I can get away with some faster shutter speeds. 1/125 only works well when your subject isn't head-banging. I might also try for a smaller aperture, which might help a little with my focusing problem. This might end up meaning my ISO is up in the 2500+ section, but it shouldn't matter as long as I get the exposure spot on, right?

The full gallery can be viewed on The 59th Sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment