Tuesday 3 September 2013

The Drummer Girl.

Over the weekend my best friend and I got together to conduct a photo shoot. This was where I was going to attempt to shoot her playing the drums, in the style of Arin in the "Hail To The King" video. But things didn't go according to plan, firstly because I changed my mind. 

We started out just with a few of her drums, and I found that no matter what I did, I just couldn't get a decent photo with them in shot. All the photos I ended up liking were only her holding her drumsticks, but I still felt like it fit my own brief - for my portfolio, I'm shooting music. Drumsticks show she's a musician, and that is the main thing. 

Here are the three shots that I ended up liking the most. 




The first I love because it shows her crazy personality. Nothing she did that day was staged - I just let her be herself, and this was one of the things that happened. I love her for it, and it got me a shot that I love.

The second I didn't look at much at first, but I came to love it after a second look. Overall, I think it's just a decent portrait. 

The third is the one that I am leaning towards including in my portfolio. I can't really pin-point why - I just really like it. I think it just works.

No comments:

Post a Comment